Toronto Pflag has provided support and education in the GTA for more than 30 years. We are pleased to conduct workshops and presentations for businesses, schools and community groups to share information about diversity, promoting acceptance, and our personal experiences as inclusive families. The content and approach is customized according to the audience, which can vary from primary school students to Bay Street lawyers and bankers.
There is no charge for this service, but we welcome a donation in any amount to Toronto Pflag to help us continue this important work. Donations are tax deductible.
To arrange a Toronto Pflag workshop or presentation at your school, workplace or community space, please contact our office at 416-406-1727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See a list of schools, workplaces and community organizations that have recently invited Toronto Pflag to speak.
Information for Schools
Toronto Pflag volunteers are available to visit your school to promote diversity, empower allies and combat homophobic bullying. Presentations can be customized for:
- Teachers and administrative staff during lunch and learn meetings, or professional activity days
- Students in whole school assemblies or classroom settings
- Gay-Straight Alliances (We can also help set up a GSA at your school)
- Parents at school meetings or special events
Toronto Pflag presentation teams are made up of either
- 2 straight parents of LGBTQ children
- 1 parent and 1 young LGBTQ person who relates to recent school experience
- 1 parent and 1 business or law enforcement professional who is LGBTQ